#SquadGoals – How To Group Travel in Puerto Rico Like A Pro
Traveling takes on different definitions depending on the person…it’s a hobby, a way to reconnect, time to spend away with family or a celebration for that last hurrah before someone ties the knot. With summer right around the corner, it’s time to think of some exciting new locales, and Puerto Rico has something for everyone!
For the Family
Whether it’s a family of three, a family of six, or more, there are plenty of exciting things to experience in the Jewel of the Caribbean.
- Caribe Hilton, San Juan– Located in the heart of San Juan, children under the age of five receive free meals and children between the ages of five and 12 receive free breakfast. The hotel’s Very Important Children (V.I.C.) club features daily activities around the hotel at two swimming pools, a private beach and a large tropical park. Rooms start at $169 per night.
- Intercontinental San Juan – Located right on the beach for when mom, dad, and the kids want to build sandcastles or check out one of the many beach activities the city has to offer. With a free children’s club, parents can spend an extra hour or so grabbing a cocktail alone. Rooms start at $149 per night.
Things to do:
- Snorkel in Fajardo – Rent a catamaran or join a snorkel boat tour to take some fun photos of the family enjoying the clear Caribbean waters.
- Rio Camuy Caves Park – book a tour, pack a picnic and set off on a new adventure to explore the local caves in Puerto Rico.
No Boys Allowed
Girls’ trips are fun especially when you have something special to celebrate like a birthday, long weekend or a bachelorette party.
Kick off your heels at:
- Hotel El Convento – Formerly an old convent, this quaint boutique hotel is located in Old San Juan and is perfect for the ultimate girls’ getaway. Rooms start at $157 per night.
- San Juan Water and Beach Club – Located in Isla Verde Beach, this hotel features a rooftop pool and bar so the party can grab a few cocktails and watch the sun set before heading off to dinner. Rooms start at $149 per night.
- Olive Boutique Hotel – This boutique hotel is located in Condado, with only 15 guest rooms, visitors will truly receive the best service. Voted a Hotels.com “Loved by Guest” hotel, it’s highly rated for its awesome vibe, fantastic service and bar. Rooms start at $127 per night.
Things to do:
- Bacardi Factory tour in San Juan – stop by the Bacardi Factory and take the mixology tour to learn how to make some delicious cocktails using rum. Visitors can also partake in rum tastings and learn about how one small rum manufacturer turned into a worldwide brand.
- Gran Melia Puerto Rico Golf Resort and Villas – relax in the Caribbean at the hotel’s hydrotherapy area and book yourself a Rainforest signature treatment.
For the Guys
Boys’ nights, boys’ weekend and boys’ trips…call it what you want but there’s no better place to properly send off one of your own than Puerto Rico.
Fall asleep at:
- The Condado Plaza Hilton – Secluded beach, casino, paddle boarding, and numerous restaurants are just some of the things that keep guests returning to this hotel. Within close proximity to Condado’s many hot spots, day turns into night with much to see and do. Rooms start at $179 per night.
- El San Juan Resort and Casino – Complete with a private beach, multiple swimming pools, a 7,500 ft. casino and the nightlife that comes along with it, this hotel is ideal for a weekend of fun with the boys. Hotel guests may never have to leave the hotel, but we recommend checking out the rest of the island because there is so much more to do. Rooms start at $144 per night.
Things to do:
- El Yunque National Forest – Grab your gear and the guys and give “canyoning” a try. Visitors will learn will learn how to walk, climb and rappel along a river in the national forest.
- Rio Anasco – Visit the upper part of Rio Anasco for white water rafting. Complete with class II and III rapids, the excursion will take weekend warriors across 8.5 miles of the river for approximately 3-4 hours.
Group trips are fun and always filled with great memories. With wonderful weather year round, Puerto Rico has something for everyone, celebrating every occasion. And if travelers are enough to be in town during a parade or festival, that will only make the trip more memorable. As with all tropical travel, sunscreen and bug spray are a must have! Remember, it’s good to come back from group trips with Facebook worthy photos, not sunburns or bug bites!